The 3rd International Statistical Conference in Croatia (ISCCRO’20), 7-8 May 2020, Dubrovnik, Croatia
TOPIC: „Contemporary Issues in Statistical Methods and Data Science Applications”
ISCCRO'20 CALL FOR PAPERS
Dear Sir or Madam,
3rd International Statistical Conference in Croatia - ISCCRO’20 will be held from 7th to 8th May 2020 in the Centre for Advanced Academic Studies, Dubrovnik, Croatia.
The conference will cover statistical topics and areas, but also similar and related areas and multidisciplinary fields. It will provide a platform for international and national networking and exchange of ideas on various aspects of statistics and related professional and scientific areas and brings together researchers and practitioners from various aspects of statistical profession and science.
ISCCRO conference 2020 will take place in Dubrovnik, the World Heritage UNESCO protected the city, ranked as No.1 touristic destination of the World. The location of the conference is the Centre for Advanced Academic Studies (CAAS), which was founded by the University of Zagreb as a public academic institution for international scientific programmes and postgraduate studies with the aim to facilitate and promote academic activities in various fields of science and advanced education in forms of specialized courses, summer schools, conferences, brainstorming meetings and other similar academic activities.
Please, download and read the attached official Call for papers.
Who should apply for and attend the international conference ISCCRO?
To apply for the ISCCRO conference you might not only be a Statistician, but also of some other title that might include: Business Analyst, Professor, Researcher, Student, Economist, Software Engineer, Mathematician, Risk Analyst, Quality Analyst, Investigator, Environmental Scientist, Pharmaceutical Engineer, Data Analyst, Project Manager, Manager, etc.
You should attend the ISCCRO because of the range of theoretical and practical statistical topics, discussed by a wider audience. This conference is unique in Croatia, inviting scientists, data producers, and data users. Therefore, this is the best place for sharing and exchanging information and building networks, both domestic and international, among the data producers and users.
Important dates and submissions
It is possible to participate as Full Paper or Abstract Only:
- Abstract submission: 15 November 2019
- Full paper submission: 20 December 2019
- ISCCRO'20 Conference: 7-8 May 2020
Submissions should be made over the online system available at
ISCCRO'20 Invited Speakers
- Josip Arnerić, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Univ. of Zagreb Faculty of Economics, Dept. of Statistics, Zagreb, Croatia
- James J. Cochran, Ph.D., Associate Dean for Research Professor of Applied Statistics & the Rogers-Spivey Faculty Fellow, Univ. of Alabama, Tuscaloosa AL, USA
- Veljko Jeremić, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Univ. of Belgrade, Faculty of Organizational Sciences, Dept. of Operations Research and Statistics, Belgrade, Serbia
- Walter J. Radermacher, Ph.D., Researcher at the Department of Statistical Sciences, Sapienza University, Rome & the President of FENStatS, the Federation of European National Statistical Societies, Germany
Original, not yet published papers in English from diverse areas of statistics and methodology are appreciated:
- Actuarial Science
- Bayesian Statistics
- Business Forecasting
- Business Statistics
- Computational Statistics / Graphics
- Data Coding and Editing
- Data Collection Methods
- Demographic Statistics
- Design of Experiments / Clinical Trials
- Health Statistics and Epidemiology
- Local and Central Government / Official Statistics
- Missing Data and Imputation
- Multivariate Analysis
- National Accounts
- Nonparametric Statistics
- Observational Studies
- Probability and Mathematical Statistics
- Quality Management in Statistical Research
- Regression Generalised Linear/ Multilevel Models
- Social Science Methodology
- Spatial Statistics / Image Analysis
- Statistical Education
- Statistical Inference
- Statistical Issues in Measurement and Survey Questionnaire Design
- Statistical Methods for Decision Making
- Statistical Process and Quality Control Methods
- Statistical Research Quality and Methodology Information
- Survey Research Methods
- Survey Sampling Techniques
- Time Series Modelling
- Uncertainty and Risk Analysis
- Other special, cross- and multi-disciplinary areas, such as Data Mining/ Pattern Recognition, Simulation Modelling, Optimization, and Mathematical Programming, Big Data, Data Privacy, and others.
- Statistical applications in various disciplines: sociology, psychology, behavior sciences, economics, business, finance, banking and insurance, marketing, opinion polling, management, demographics, kinesiology, biology, ecology and environmental studies, pharmaceutics, ICT, medicine, agriculture, industry, construction, engineering, physics, meteorology, law, sports/ leisure, and others.
- Besides the new or improved statistical methods, applied paper submissions are appreciated.
- The cross-discipline applied submissions are welcome!
ISCCRO conference is organized by the Croatian Statistical Association, supported by the Croatian Bureau of Statistics. The aim of the CSA is active participation in the development of statistical theory and practice, improving statistics and raising the general statistical culture. This aim is attended through the publishing of the international scientific journal Croatian Review of Economic, Business and Social Statistics (CREBSS), and organization of ISCCRO conference:
ISCCRO’20 Conference Program Chairs
- Berislav Žmuk, President, Croatian Statistical Association & Univ. of Zagreb, Faculty of Economics and Business, Dept. of Statistics, Zagreb, Croatia
- Ksenija Dumičić, Honorary President, Croatian Statistical Association & Univ. of Zagreb, Faculty of Economics and Business, Dept. of Statistics, Zagreb, Croatia
- Marko Krištof, Vice-President, Croatian Statistical Association, Zagreb, Croatia & Consultant, United Nations Statistics Division
- Mirjana Pejić Bach, Executive Committee Member, Croatian Statistical Association & Univ. of Zagreb, Faculty of Economics and Business, Dept. of Informatics, Zagreb, Croatia
ISCCRO’20 International Organizing Committee Chairs
- Mirta Benšić, J. J. Strossmayer Univ. of Osijek, Croatia
- Lea Bregar, Univ. of Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Davor Galinec, Croatian National Bank, Croatia
- Mario Gavrić, Croatian Bureau of Statistics, Croatia
- Mirjana Čižmešija, Univ. of Zagreb, Croatia
- Anamarija Jazbec, Univ. of Zagreb, Croatia
- Zagorka Lozanov-Crvenković, Univ. of Novi Sad, Serbia
- Iris Mihajlović, Univ. of Dubrovnik, Croatia
- Blagica Novkovska, Univ. of Tourism and Management in Skopje, The Republic of North Macedonia
- Snježana Pivac, Univ. of Split, Croatia
- Jasna Pugar, Croatian Bureau of Statistics, Croatia
- Ana Štambuk, Univ. of Rijeka, Croatia
- Igor Živko, Univ. of Mostar, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Detailed information is available at the website:
In case of further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at: